The 3R Pyrolysis Process Competitive Advantages and Characteristics
The 3R technology is an original solution.
Many known pyrolysis options are different alternative modifications for incinerator or gasification options which modifications are generally experienced not to be functional in industrial scale. Since 1980’s several multinational companies set up traditional and modified thermal treatment programs with different gasification (partial oxidation) and reductive processing design, but many such modification are failed. The 3R recognition has been the core concept, that advanced and efficient pyrolysis designs, incl all details, must be fully engineered for the reductive thermal processing conditions only and design elements/experiences cannot truly be overtaken from other types of (incineration and gasification) thermal processing units. The 3R Pyrolysis technology provides the following basic aspects:
- The 3R is not a modified traditional thermal treatment design. The 3R is a horizontally arranged indirectly heated rotary kiln with material core temperatures up to <850°C under negative pressure conditions. This original solution is purposely developed for highly efficient indirect heat transfer and maintenance of true reductive thermal processing conditions in vacuum.
- The true reductive thermal processing environment provides safer, better, faster, less costly and more environmental friendly than any known solutions and resulting high economical added value output products.
- The 3R is a new generation, proven, demonstrated at TRL8 level, comprehensive and original solution.
- The 3R design does not contain exotic technical solutions and materials.
- Low operational and maintenance costs.
- Advanced sealing technology ensures the totally closed and totally safe operation of the rotary kiln.
- The 3R auxiliary installations are also objective driven developed and designed for the pyrolysis - reductive thermal processing - conditions only.
- The 3R is a zero emission solution for primary designed applications, where all and any material streams are recycled and reused (e.g. converted into safe and valuable products), same as done by the nature in millions of years.
- High input feed flexibility (bone meal, meat & bone meal, processed animal protein, dry animal manure, agricultural plant waste) provides a broad range of sustainable and high value output products (bone char, biochar, recovered Phosphorus and Nitrogen fertilizers, transport bio-oil green energy) with high market demanded performance.
- Continuous and automated throughput.
- The 3R is a high efficient energy conversion process.
- The 3R refine the crude pyrolysis oils with highly complex chemical structure into refined biofuel.
- Modular system.
- Meets all strict and comprehensive EU/AU/US environmental norms and standards beyond the year 2015.The 3R zero emission pyrolysis processing is an official and high priority EU Commission programme since 2002 with involvement of Science and Technology from 10 EU countries. The 3R competitive eco-innovative process and operational prototype at TRL8 level has been successfully demonstrated between 2004 and 2015 and scale up to next TRL9 level is prepared. The 2016/2017 targeted economical throughput production capacity of the replication model is 6500 t/y (that equivalent with 4000 t/y output), which is further expandable to 20,800 t/y nominal capacity (that equivalent with 12,500 t/y output). The 3R pyrolysis technology is fully permitted by EU MS Authorities under the strict EU regulations. Industrial scale pyrolysis plant installation and operation permit number: FES/01/0851-33/2015 (Issuing Authority Industrial Safety Inspection and ten other advising Authorities).
- Economy: rapid ROI (2-4 years) with high return on investment.
Summary of the main competitive advantages of our 3R technology over other pyrolysis options are the followings:
- TECHNOLOGY: revolutionary engineering design original solution for high efficient indirect heat transfer.
- ENVIRONMENT: Zero emission processing performance.
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY: Phosphorus recovery from animal by-products.
- ENERGY: specific design for energy efficient reductive thermal processing.
- INVESTMENT: affordable in CAPEX price and OPEX cost.
- BUSINESS: economical & profitable conversion of low value organic waste streams by a robust 3R technology into safe, high added value and market demanded natural bio-products.